£24,000 - £25,000 Bonus & Study support
£24,000 - £25,000 + Bonus & study support
Aila is excited to be exclusively partnered with a leading, fast-paced international recruitment business in Berkhamsted on the recruitment of an AAT/ACCA/CIMA studier as they look to hire an Accounts Assistant to join the team on a permanent basis.
This company has always been a leader in its field, offers a flexible and inclusive culture with plenty of energy and excitement around their working environment. They’re a multi-site business with operations not only in the UK, but internationally too.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this role will support in an all-round month end management accounting capacity, looking after accruals, prepayments, balance sheet recs etc. You will gain excellent exposure to further management accounts and support their Management Accountant with month end and budgets and forecasts.
You will have the ability to work well under pressure, have a methodical approach to work and be diligent and professional with excellent attention to detail. It is also essential that you have already had exposure within finance and have worked within a similar month end position with the ambition to progress and develop further.
- Assisting the preparation of monthly management accounts pack
- Sales/Cos reconciliations of multiple income streams
- Posting of overheads journals (accruals and prepayments)
- Balance sheet reconciliations – PAYE, Pensions, Net Wages etc.
- VAT returns
- Monthly commission calculations
- Daily banking declaring cash on hand and funding availability
- Cash book/bank postings and reconciliations
- Processing invoices, credit cards and expenses through to payment
- Supplier management/discrepancy resolutions and reconciliations
- Processing payments for suppliers and payroll
- Intercompany journals and reconciliations
- Fixed assets registration, posting depreciation and reconciliation
- Balance reconciliations
- Ad hoc reporting
- Assisting with HMRC compliance and year-end audits
Due to the progressive nature of the Accounts team, applicants will need to be hardworking and enthusiastic about a career in finance. The role will offer a wide range of experience, support and exposure that will offer strong foundations for a successful career.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32172-9
- Salary From: £24,000
- Salary To: £25,000
- Industry: Recruitment
- Location: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time