Assistant Financial Accountant
£35,000 - £38,000 Bonus and Study Support
Assistant Financial Accountant
£35,000 - £38,000 + bonus, study support & hybrid working
Aila is excited to announce that it’s in an exclusive partnership with a leading, listed, energetic and multi-site leisure business in the recruitment of an ambitious Assistant Financial Accountant, east of Milton Keynes on a permanent basis. They’re turnover is c.£80m, they’re excited about the future and operate through more than 40 sites across the UK with plans to increase this. They have a very supportive and inclusive culture in their head office and the Head of Financial Accounting is looking for somebody that is ambitious and keen on qualifying with them through a generous study package.
We’re looking for an ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified Accountant with previous experience in a month end role and good understanding of technical finance, who is looking to step up into a role that will develop their accounting skills further in a multi-site, listed business.
You will play a key role in a small team of 5, preparing financial accounting journals, reconciliations, month end processes, cash reviews, statutory accounts and support external reporting.
This role will sit within a small financial accounting team, reporting into the Head of Group Financial Accounting with a full study package and a £1,000 pay rise for every exam you complete.
You will be a confident and assuring individual with good Excel skills and the ability to build relationships across the wider business. A strongly analytical mind and a problem-solving mindset is essential as the business is continuously changing and it’s a fast paced environment.
- Preparation and posting of month end journals for a selection of standard financial accounting, balance sheet and profit and loss accounts for Group and joint venture companies
- Analysis of monthly fixed assets
- Review and posting of monthly additions to the corresponding asset ledger accounts
- Loading ledger fixed asset additions into the fixed asset register
- Running depreciation calculations
- Posting depreciation into the ledgers
- Calculating IFRS 16 lease depreciation and interest monthly journals
- Calculating modifications and additions to IFRS 16 lease assets
- Reconciling the IFRS 16 lease models to the ledgers
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and month end finance reporting pack
- Posting of weekly journals related to the joint venture company
- Posting of payroll entries for the joint venture company
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and month end pack
- Assistance with preparation of Interim, Preliminary and Annual Reports
- Assistance with preparation of source information for the Group companies tax computations
- Assistance with preparation of source information for the Group companies VAT computations
- Assistance with preparation of year end budget numbers and support for certain accounts
To be successful in this role, you will be a team player with strong Excel skills, previous experience in balance sheet recs and journal preparation and have a desire to progress with your studies and qualify.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32195
- Salary From: £35,000
- Salary To: £38,000
- Industry: Retail
- Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Job Type: Full-time