Commercial Finance Manager
£70,000 - £77,000 15% bonus
Commercial Finance Manager
£70,000 - £77,000 +15% bonus & benefits
Aila is excited to announce that we’re in partnership with one of the most successful businesses in Hertfordshire with an impressive growth story and a culture that is hard to match. They’ve always offered excellent development and progression opportunities for staff, and they have an incredibly impressive retention rate.
They are a leading employer of choice in the area and have achieved substantial success by investing in their people. They’ve been awarded a place in the top 30 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
We’re supporting on the recruitment of an ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified Accountant to join the team as a Commercial Finance Manager on a permanent basis, supporting a relatively newly created contracts division. You will work with the National Contracts Manager to ensure the Contracts Division sets and meets appropriate strategic and operational financial targets. You will also have the responsibility to review the Contract Division’s long term financial strategy, ensuring that the processes, along with controls, are in place to meet those targets along with identifying opportunities for growth and improvement.
This is a key role within a £35m division of a £1.8bn division with a medium term strategy of reaching £100m in the next 5 years.
- Work closely with the National Contracts Manager and the teams to develop and implement both the short- and long-term financial plans for the division
- Producing and presenting periodic financial reports with analysis and insight to ensure the operations are on track to deliver the required results
- Ensure that effective processes are established and implemented to identify significant risks so that such risks are removed or mitigated
- Establish and maintain financial compliance and control, through cost controls, with regards to the Division’s day to day operations
- Developing and implementing correct accounting policies around rebates and revenue recognition
- Liaising with other departments to implement contract customer debt collection process
- Accountable for reviewing high value/risk contracts from a financial and operational perspective. This will include decisions around low margin contracts to ensure they are commercially viable
- Lead and develop the Finance Analyst and maintain high standards of individual performance
- Maintain the contract list price for all product categories across the business
- Develop customer pricing bands based on profitability and volumes
- Implement price increases and attend pricing negotiations including rebate arrangements
- Lead the development of financial systems and reporting so that the contract team and senior management have the financial data and insight to help them make the most effective commercial and business decisions
- Lead implementation of new systems to support needs such as EDI, Lead Management etc.
- Produce meaningful reports (including sales and margin) which allow the operational teams to understand the impact of contracts and relay the overall performance of the contracts division
- KPI reporting which identifies opportunities for the business to grow both sales and profit
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified accountant with 3-4 years PQE and experience in a medium or large organisation with the ability to build relationships effectively and the emotional intelligence to plan and manage your workload efficiently within an extremely fast-paced and exciting environment. You will naturally have advanced Excel and be highly analytical with the ability to draw insights from complex data and provide meaningful analysis and commentary.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32203
- Salary From: £70,000
- Salary To: £77,000
- Industry: Retail
- Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time