£35,000 - £40,000 hybrid working
£35,000 - £40,000 + bonus & benefits
Aila is excited to announce that we’re in partnership with one of the most successful businesses in Hertfordshire with an impressive growth story and a culture that is hard to match. They’ve always offered development and progression opportunities for staff, and they have an incredibly impressive retention rate.
They are a leading employer of choice in the area and have achieved substantial success by investing in their people. They have been awarded a place in the top 30 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
We’re supporting on the recruitment of an ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified Accountant to join the team as a Finance Analyst on a permanent basis, supporting the Operational Accountant and Lead Operation Accountant with practical support, commercially astute financial advice and accounting information to Managers and field teams so they can correctly interpret P&L reports, understand the impact, and effectively manage their profit margin.
This is a key role within the operational finance team of a £2bn turnover business with an excellent history of success and impressive growth projections. This role is perfect for somebody looking to progress and develop further with their studies and progress in an exceptional business. Full study support will be provided.
- Analysing all areas of the business, using previous experiences and knowledge together with technical accounting understanding
- Identify financial status by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Provide the Area Managers with business insight, identifying risks and opportunities
- Follow up and investigate queries from Managers to ensure the accuracy of the financial accounts
- Attend local P&L Meetings with Operational Accountants, engaging with all while providing financial support and analysis, exploring concerns and offering potential solutions in order to achieve the required profit
- Coaching of field teams and managers in the effective interpretation of their P&L in either a group or on a one-to-one basis as required
- Ensure consistency in reporting from different systems to achieve financial integrity of sales, margin, costs, stock, payroll, banking, and provisions by creating and enhancing processes to aid reconciliations
- Ad hoc analysis as requested from senior management to support the business in decision making
- Analyse large volumes of data and able to interpret the information concisely for management in a report format
- Review trends and challenge current performance within the Regions and the wider business
- Establishing excellent working relationships with Teams, Management, and Internal Support Departments
- Responsible for managing and responding to sites in respect of their profit and loss accounts and other finance related matters
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Preparation of financial information, including the periodic managements accounts
- Periodic reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, ensuring integrity is maintained throughout reconciliations to confirm financial controls and follow up discrepancies in a timely manner
- Able to assess materiality when managing tasks
- Liaise with internal and external auditors at half yearly and annual audits
To be successful in this role, you will be an ambitious and progressive part qualified Accountant with strong Excel skills and the drive to develop further. You must have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to interpret key P&L trends and relay these to non-finance. You will have the ability to build relationships effectively and the emotional intelligence to plan and manage your workload efficiently within an extremely fast-paced and exciting environment.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32224
- Salary From: £35,000
- Salary To: £40,000
- Industry: Retail
- Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time