£70,000 - £75,000 10% Bonus, excellent benefits and remote woring
£70,000 - £75,000 + 10% Bonus & excellent benefits
Aila is excited to announce a partnership with a leading pharmaceutical manufacturing business in Hertfordshire on the recruitment of an Operations Finance Manager on a permanent basis in a really hands on and interesting role, looking after the annual budget build and controlling their costings with a £90m spend.
Our client is dedicated to producing a range of medicines for the treatment of immune deficiencies, bleeding disorders and infectious diseases as well for critical care. Turnover is over £500m with £30m EBITDA. They have ambitious plans to continue to grow with a potential acquisition in the works and they offer a relaxed, personable and extremely secure environment for you to thrive in with excellent benefits. They currently work 1 day in the office and 4 days remote, and they have a mature and inclusive culture. This company has always been a leader in its field, and they have a great retention rate across the finance team and wider business.
It’s an exciting time to join the business and you’ll get plenty of exposure to key stakeholders and decision makers internally. The Operations Finance Manager will be a key member of the production finance team, reporting into the Head of Production Finance and taking complete control of month end in a 50/50 role of month end and business partnering with internal stakeholders.
This role includes monthly management accounts, implementation of accurate product costing, full factory variance analysis, budgeting & forecasting, and the ongoing analysis of key business drivers with an emphasis on continuous improvement
We’re looking for an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years post qualified experience with manufacturing experience, and ideally specifically with costing.
- Standard costing/BoMs - Annual Budget build & reporting/forecasting
- Managing the waste reporting (own and review)
- Inventory control - Audit & managing provisions in relation to released/held batches, slow moving & obsolete inventory and quarterly inventory revaluation
- Support Stock take annual audit
- Support manufacturing initiatives & process improvements
- Monthly P&L reporting & commentary of variances
- Participate in the MRB meeting, managing the inventory flow & mitigating risk
- Develop robust process to track CCPL & its components
- Develop operational BI reports to support decision making (inventory KPIs, waste, in process losses (supplier mitigation)
- Develop operational reports to aid decision making (inventory turnover, optimal stock, detailed shop order variances & waste)
- Enhance capability and track direct materials actual cost per litre monthly and recommend course of action to Operations Business Partner’s to find efficiencies and savings
- Business partner key operations cost centres
- Enhance and add more insight to standard cost reporting on a quarterly basis
- Support Commercial contribution reporting by identifying and reporting Fixed and Variable costing through std costing
- Full review of standards allocation in readiness for 2023 standards (labour/machine hours/depreciation/plasma)
To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable working autonomously, have experience in month end management accounting in a manufacturing environment and be a clear communicator.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32229
- Salary From: £70,000
- Salary To: £75,000
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Location: Elstree, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time