Finance Manager- Fixed Term Contract
£80,000 - £85,000
£80,000 - £85,000
Aila is excited to announce that we’re in a partnership with one of the most successful businesses in the area who have grown rapidly since inception, and in the last 12 months has grown their revenue to over £2.1bn with a 35% YOY increase. They are growing rapidly and have no signs of slowing down either. This year alone, they are looking to achieve further increase on this and have plans to open new centres to increase their capacity and range by 40%.
Having support this business through their growth in recent years, we can vouch for their commitment to being the best and the unrivalled exposure you will achieve within their forward-thinking and entrepreneurial finance team.
They are a leading employer of choice in the area and have achieved substantial success by investing in their people, infrastructure and technology.
We’re supporting on the recruitment of an ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified Commercial Finance Manager opportunity on a 4–6-month Fixed Term or interim Basis.
We are looking for a motivated individual who will take responsibility for all areas of central costs for the business, both own and recharges from Group. It will be an opportunity to identify opportunities and savings and business partner with the Senior Leadership Team on their central costs. The role will report to the Financial Controller and will hand over to the incoming Finance Manager when they join.
- Implement a robust, documented process for accounting for central costs, ensuring key controls are understood and followed
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly central costs for the management accounts
- Prepare value adding analysis of the monthly central costs including monitoring against budget and KPIs with value adding commentary
- Champion and ensure delivery of savings projects
- Analysis of trends and implementing appropriate actions
- Monthly reviews of costs with each member of the Senior Team
- Monthly report to the CFO/CEO on central costs with key high and low lights
- Being the ‘go to person’ for the Senior Team to discuss their costs and potential changes to their structure/cost profile
- Analysing recharges and challenging as appropriate
- Monitoring IT Roadmap spend against business case
- Rolling forecast for central costs to feed into the overall forecast model
- Annual budgeting of costs and KPIs
- Working with the People team to ensure costs are within budget and any employment legislative changes are understood
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified accountant with at least 3 years PQE and previous experience in a medium or large organisation Retail or FMCG environment with the ability to build relationships effectively and the emotional intelligence to plan and manage your workload efficiently within an extremely fast-paced and exciting environment.
You will naturally have advanced Excel and be highly analytical with the ability to draw insights from complex data and provide meaningful analysis and commentary in a business partner capacity.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32149
- Salary From: £80,000
- Salary To: £85,000
- Industry: Retail
- Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time