£53,000 - £55,000 10-15% Bonus
£53,000 - £55,000 + Bonus & benefits
Aila is excited to announce that it’s in partnership with a leading, private equity backed hospitality business that has grown at a phenomenal rate since its inception in 2008. They have grown rapidly in the last couple of years and have gone from 7 sites in the Group, to 27 to become a true leader in the industry, but they’re not finished yet, with further plans to grow this year. Group Turnover is over £250m with an EBITDA of £70m. They have an amazing atmosphere both on their sites and head office in Hemel Hempstead and they’re looking to grow the team.
Although they’re ambitious with their growth plans and would like people that share their excitement for growth, wanting to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment, they genuinely have a welcoming, friendly and inclusive culture that is adopted across the whole company, in everything they do.
We’re looking for an ACA Qualified Accountant from a top tier accountancy firm to join the business in a group accounting role, reporting into the Group Reporting Manager and Head of Finance.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to join a multi-site leisure business in a role that involves producing monthly financial reporting deliverables for internal and external stakeholders, as well as the consolidated annual Group Financial Statements. In addition, the role holder will ensure that a strong financial control environment is in place.
You will be a confident and assuring individual with a technical finance background, looking to move into a business that is constantly changing and a role that will develop further over the next 12 months.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly Group Board and Bank Report (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Covenants)
- Monthly investor reporting
- Weekly and monthly cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the group balance sheet, ensuring that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and reviewed on a monthly basis
- Preparation of year end group and subsidiary financial statements
- Key liaison with external auditors to ensure annual audit is completed accurately on time and in budget
- Ensure all group acquisitions and disposals are accounted for on an accurate and timely basis
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis for CFO and Investors
- Working Capital management
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting of Head Office costs
- Preparation of the VAT and other external compliance returns
- Preparation of tax forecasts and preparation of tax analysis for annual Corporation Tax returns
- Supporting the Group Financial Reporting Manager in financial rigour and quality control
- Supporting the Data Analytics team in improving business process design
- Ad hoc commercial projects, assist with acquisition due diligence and integration.
To be successful in this role, you will be an ambitious individual with excellent attention to detail, a strong technical skillset, ACA qualified and looking for your first move out of a reputable accountancy firm and into industry. The right individual will be somebody looking to take on more responsibility as the group continues to expand with an inquisitive mindset.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32227
- Salary From: £53,000
- Salary To: £55,000
- Industry: Travel & Tourism
- Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time