£35,000 - £40,000 Study Support
£35,000 - £40,000 + study support
Aila is excited to announce that we’re partnering with an interesting and unique SME manufacturing business in Letchworth on the recruitment of a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
We are recruiting for an ACCA/CIMA studier or a Qualified by Experience Management Accountant that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with lots of variety and constant change, that has previous experience in a varied finance role including transactional duties.
This role will directly support the Finance Director and take control of all management accounting, cash flow forecasting and quarterly VAT returns for several small entities within the Group. It’s an interesting role where you will get involved in process improvement work too and support the integration of a new ERP system.
This is a great position for somebody looking to develop within a varied finance role, or somebody who likes an environment where no two days are the same and there’s a real drive to improve processes and support business growth over the next 5 years.
They have a strong leadership team that has a wealth of experience in similar environments, providing comfort for business growth, adaption and personal development for you.
This role has operational ownership of the finance function to ensure the reliable, timely and accurate preparation of month end accounts. Working closely with the Finance Director, this is very much an all-round position, requiring a self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
- Maintain and update accounting system ensuring all sales, purchase and nominal ledger entries are processed accurately and on time and that the financial information is complete
- Daily cashflow management to meet working capital requirements
- Liaising with customers to ensure that all debt is collected on time and in full
- Working with invoice discount providers and completing monthly reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns to be submitted on time, ensuring the accuracy of all information
- Ensure all processes are documented and opportunities for improvement are identified and actioned
- Balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Process all month end journals for depreciation, prepayments, accruals and ensure the accounts are available in a timely manner
- Assist with any ad hoc analysis tasks
- Assist with year end and budgeting and forecasting
- Processing employee expenses
- Monthly payroll processing for 3 entities, ensuring accurate and reliable record keeping
To be successful in this role, you will be a hands on Management Accountant with previous experience in a small – medium environment with a driven and proactive approach to work.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.
- Job Reference: V-32134
- Salary From: £35,000
- Salary To: £40,000
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time