Finance Manager – Reporting
£60,000 – £65,000 + 8% Bonus
Aila is excited to announce that we’re exclusively partnered with a London based, leading, listed and global brand in the recruitment of an ambitious and driven individual to join the company as a Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
Our client is a leader within its field, has an impressive reach and operates through several brands. Across Europe, their turnover is c.$300m and it is part of a combined $2bn worldwide. The company has adapted amazingly well over the last 12 months and reported an increase in revenue from 2019.
Not only are they a fast-paced, creative and stable business to work for, they put their people at the heart of what they do and have a diverse and inclusive culture that enables their employees to thrive, reach their full potential and have fun whilst doing so.
We’re looking for an ACA/ACCA qualified Accountant with excellent exposure within a financial reporting and controls role in industry, or somebody looking to make their first move away from a leading accountancy firm. You will have previous experience in managing stakeholder relations and be a confident and assuring individual who can lead a small team effectively whilst being responsible for all group and statutory reporting, overseeing local compliance and controls.
- Own the General Ledgers and all internal/external reporting and compliance requirements for the European legal entities, Retail and E-commerce channels
- Complete all assigned financial close procedures and preparation of monthly / quarterly management accounts and any other required reports of European entities, Retail and E-commerce channel according to the agreed timetable
- Closely liaise with Senior Finance Manager and FP&A team on the preparation and review of monthly results
- Responsible for completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of year-end information for audits and completion of local statutory accounts per filing deadlines
- Ensure SOX / Internal Audit compliance for all UK entities
- Closely align and partner the with FP&A to understand the Plan/Forecast each quarter and track variances of actuals versus Plan/Forecast
- Build and develop strong working relationship with the Retail Ops team and E-commerce team so any impact on accounting and financial close can be detected in advance
- Ensure all actuals and required accruals are understood prior to each financial close
- Proactively manage the team’s (3) workload, identify and understand resource requirements and plan your team activities accordingly
- Produce and maintain all retail inventory, retail/e-com outbound freight and duty related accounting schedules accurately within the agreed timeline.
- Build a close working relationship with the Operations and Logistic team to facilitate better process and greater understanding of inventory, freight, and duty areas
To be successful in this role, you will have Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex financial matters to staff at all levels and/or non-finance.
You will naturally have advanced Excel and ideally, previous experience working within or auditing a fast-paced consumer-focused retail business.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.